BERETTA 92FS 9MM MADE IN ITALY
For over a quarter-century, the Beretta 92SF has set the standard for the best military, police, and tactical pistol.
The reason is that it was designed–and has continued to evolve–to be the most accurate, durable, and reliable semiautomatic handgun available. It remains the sidearm of the US military and allied forces worldwide, as well as countless police and law-enforcement agencies, due to its ease of use, absolute safety, and impressive firepower.
The 92SF is a semiautomatic double/single-action pistol that features an open-slide, short-recoil delayed locking-block system that results in a faster cycle time and exceptional accuracy and reliability. The open-slide design, in particular, virtually eliminates “stove-piping” and enables flawless cycling and feeding even after thousands of rounds.
Accuracy on a Match-Grade Scale Right Out of the Box
Regardless of its stellar reputation, the true measure of a tactical pistol’s worth is on the firing range. The 92FS consistently outperforms the US military standard of a ten-shot group of three inches or less at 50 meters (just short of 55 yards). While this level of precision is impressive, it is not magical. At Beretta, we understand that extremely precise tolerances ensure consistent performance shot after shot—which not only gives the 92SF its extraordinary accuracy, but also allows for interchangeability of factory parts within the same model. When combined with the 92SF’s ability to reliably feed every type of commercial ammunition, it’s easy to see why it remains the best pistol in its class.
Packed with Valuable Tactics
This pistol features a variety of tactical features that make it equally safe, easy to use, and dependable when carried by military personnel or for home or personal defense. Its reversible magazine release allows for tactical magazine changes with either hand, while its ambidextrous safety-decocker makes it adaptable for right- or left-handed shooters, as well as shooters experimenting with new gripping or shooting styles. Its Bruniton finish is extremely resistant to sweat and corrosion, and a tool-free disassembly latch makes cleaning the pistol a breeze. These and numerous other useful features have made the 92SF the weapon of choice for military and police professionals worldwide, as well as individuals seeking the ultimate in sport or self-defense.
- Open top slide virtually eliminates jamming and stove piping. Allows the user to load and chamber one cartridge at a time should the magazine be lost or damaged.
- Simple field stripping for maintenance.
- Visible firing block.
- The rear sight is designed to provide a front projection so that in an emergency, the user may retract the slide single-handedly by pushing the rear sight against the edge of a table, door, etc.
- Berettas exclusive Bruniton™ non-reflective black coating is a superior corrosion and wear resistant finish.
- Lightweight, forged frame made from extremely strong aircraft-quality aluminum alloy.
- Reversible Magazine Release.
- Ambidextrous safety lever, easily accessible by the thumb of a right or left handed shooter, is spring loaded so it’s either positively on or off. The safety lever also functions as the pistols decocking lever. When pushed down, the rear part of the firing pin (striker) is rotated out of alignment with the front part of the firing pin. Additional hammer drop catch (half-cock notch prevents striking of the firing pin unit) in the remote chance of unintentional hammer drop.
- Loaded chamber indicator, when a round is chambered the extractor protrudes slightly to show a red indicator. In the dark, the user can feel the protruding extractor
Action Semi-Automatic OR Single/Double
Barrel Length 4.9″
Round Capacity 15 + 1 OR 10 + 1
Gun Weight 33.4 oz